[Zope] zope 2.6.x, zcatalog and keyerrors

Bakhtiar A Hamid kdie@nstp.com.my
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:37:43 +0800 (MYT)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote at 2003-4-18 09:27 +0800:
>  > i have two ZCTextIndex for this particular app - bodytext, and title
>  > the test passed for bodytext, but fot title i got:
>  >
>  > >>> check(idx.index._wordinfo)
>  > Traceback (most recent call last):
>  >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>  >   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.6-cvs/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 525, in
>  > setstate
>  >     raise ReadConflictError(object=object)
>  > ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError: database read conflict error (oid
>  > 0000000001205126, class Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex)
>
> This is not a ZCatalog exception.
>
>   It means that a concurrent process has changed the index
>   and the ZODB was unable to provide a consistent state
>   for it (with respect to other objects loaded in this transaction).
>
> Repeat your test when there are no writes to the index.

thanks dieter for your suggestion.  i did as told, and i still got
ReadConflict even when there's no write to thezodb (i'm 95% sure since
there was no activity in the Undo, and it was the editors break time

after i run Update catalog, there's no such error in either of the index.

i want to use ZCTextIndex for the relevance, and some other features.. and
would not want to use TextIndex, unless really really have to.

> An alternative would be to use my "No-more-ReadConflictError" patch
>
>   <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

i tried again, but i got mlformed patch (for the last file, but as you
said i might patch it manually) when i did
patched -p0 < ReadCommitted.pad

> Dieter

thanks again