[Zope] Newbie - passing a list to an External Method

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
22 Apr 2003 09:32:38 -0700

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 08:43, Passin, Tom wrote:
> Aren't you mixing up Python scripts with External Methods?

Nope.

>   I have never
> included a 'self' parameter in any of my external methods and they work
> just fine.

The "self" parameter is supposed to be optional unless you *want* to
reference the calling context.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx#2-35

I thought it might help out to catch "self" explicity because the OP was
having a problem with a variable inexplicably turning out to be the
wrong type with no intervening manipulation.

But maybe that's grasping at straws... if so, I don't have a *good*
theory on what's going wrong.

Dylan