[Zope] WebDAV+Netscape Composer fails when updating pages.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:22:38 +0200

Felipe Barousse Bou=E9 wrote at 2003-4-20 19:12 -0500:
 > ... PUT via WebDAV ...
 > When the file to be edited is new within Zope (i.e. there is no previo=
us
 > object with that name), everything works perfect. The document gets
 > created and its accesible from any other object in Zope (permissions a=
nd
 > roles taken into account.)
 >=20
 > If we publish from Composer to a previously created page in Zope,
 > Composer reports a succesful "publishing" but actually the file never
 > changes in Zope.

Use a TCP logger (such as e.g. Shane's "tcpwatch") to analyse
the different exchanges between Composer and Zope.

If this does not reveal the cause, I fear, debugging will be required
to learn what happens.

Dieter