[Zope] Attribute Error while adding ZSearch Interface

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:24:50 +0200

Shashank Ashtikar wrote at 2003-4-22 14:06 +0530:
 > I am trying to add a ZSearch Interface to a website which contains
 > around 3500 objects. I have a ZCatalog instance in the same folder.
 > But while adding ZSearch Interface I am getting an Attribute Error
 > the error_log says as follows.
 >

 > Attribute Error: _catalog
 >
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
 >   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
 >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
 >   Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Search, line 47, in manage_addZSearch
 >   Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 593, in _searchable_arguments
 > AttributeError: _catalog

Looks at if your "Catalog" instance were broken:

  "ZCatalog" is a tiny wrapper around "Catalog".
  The "Catalog" instance is maintained as "_catalog" of
  the "ZCatalog" instance.

Is your "ZCatalog" usable at all? (I doubt it).

Dieter