[Zope] Re: Accelerating images without proxy

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:21:38 +0200

Charlie Reiman wrote:

>>I checked the logs and then some HTML. We did tell the web designers
>>(customer's choice of design agency) to reference all images with absolute
>>url (well, always start with the slash, e.g "/images/navigation/home.gif",
>>but they didn't (so they are: "images/navigation/home.gif"). And there are
>>hardly any 304 codes in the log.
>>
>>Would in this case an  Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager help?
>

> Yes, it will.

Not to nitpick, just to clarify for Marc, but no headers (that I know
of) will help any proxy/browser cache to find out that
/images/navigation/home.gif is the same image as
/spam/images/navigation/home.gif
Taken to the extreme, there could be an enourmous amount of strings
instead of "spam" -> uncacheable.
So, how would an AHCM help?

cheers,
oliver