[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Preventing duplicates in ZCatalog

Wankyu Choi wankyu@neoqst.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:06:29 +0900

>> /Board/a_1			-> /a_1
>> /Board/Board/a_1		-> /Board/a_1
>> /Board/Board/Board/a_1		-> /Board/Board/a_1

> Another remark, there really shouldn't be links which point insert =
_any_=20
> unnecessary acquisition, like /Board/Board/Board , because it could =
lead=20
> to infinite recursion.

Yes, no one would want this crazy acquisition test being performed on =
his
server. But people do. Some visitors think this is fun ;-) Well, Deep =
Throat
was right. Trust no one.

Plus, VHM sometimes redirects visitors to a mapped folder prepending the
folder's id ( I don't know why, but it does happen from time to time ):
www.example.com/CMF, for example, where the url should have been just
"www.example.com". And that's where this madness starts.

Another situation with VHM: you log in as manager; manage your CMF =
sites;
while you're at it, try to add/edit some content; you put yourself into =
this
acquisition blackhole again.

>> I think removing **all** instances of the container's id when=20
>> catalogging article objects should work. Currently, only the first=20
>> instance is being removed. I just didn't think acquisition would =
wreak=20
>> this much havoc when misused :-(

>You should see what happens if you have made the above mentioned =
mistake=20
>and a spider/crawler hits your side. Google's 16.000 machines vs. your=20
>server, guess who looses ;) - ok, it's not that bad, but shit can hit=20
>the van.

What I'm worried is not myself making mistakes with the urls in the =
code.
What about visitors? Luckily, I run Squid before ZEO clients and can =
rewrite
funny urls removing redundant path elements.=20

Without this redirect_program script, I can't prevent users from having =
fun
with this acquisition thing... or can I?=20

cheers,
Wankyu Choi
  Wankyu Choi
  CEO/President