[Zope] Re: How to use CMF with own view methods?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:25:38 -0500

>Now I have my question - would you reccomend me how to use CMF or Plone
>with my own view method?
>
>My view method render whole content of given folder from index_html, if
>here are few documents, it renders it as page segments (STX or HTML) with
>possible image.
>
>But I am absolutelly new to CMF, I have installed it last week and no have
>time to play.

Make portal_skins your friend. If you would like to replace the code of
some page with your own (say index_html) find it in the skins and hit
"Customize". You can then edit it TTW in the 'custom' folder. You can do
similar magic with new objects, and can also define things on the
filesystem.

          --jcc