[Zope] Editing Question

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:46:15 +0200

Simon wrote:
> I am just starting to play around with Zope, and one thing that I would
> like to do it to provide custom editing interfaces for a page.
>
> What I am thinking is (as an example) an article or paper that has say, a
> title, an abstract, a body and a few other components.  I am thinking that
> DTML Documents are the way to go for these components.
>
> What I would like to do it put next to each section, an "edit" button, the
> onclick handler will set the content-editable proprety of the associated
> text block to true, and will reveal save and undo buttons. This, I have no
> trouble with, but what I cannot see how to do in Zope, is to have the save
> button post the new content to the DTML document that it belongs in.
>
> Is there a good solution to this?

Do you have different <form> sections in your editform, i guess you have
for each submit button on action to process.
Does your form use a PageTemplate or is it DTML? If it's a PageTemplate
have you read the Form Processing section in
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvZPT.stx ?

And please explain: Do you use one DTML document for abstract, one for
body etc., it sounds like that for me. Or is it just metadata of one
doc? Why not just use CMF? Too heavy maybe(?)

I hope i could help a bit,

Florian

--
Florian Konnertz   ---   http://www.florian-konnertz.de