[Zope] Attribute Error while adding ZSearch Interface

Shashank Ashtikar shashank@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:10:05 +0530

Hi,

> Looks at if your "Catalog" instance were broken:
>
>   "ZCatalog" is a tiny wrapper around "Catalog".
>   The "Catalog" instance is maintained as "_catalog" of
>   the "ZCatalog" instance.
>
> Is your "ZCatalog" usable at all? (I doubt it).

The ZCatalog is usable but error in my opinion is some where else.
I came to this conclusion after doing some more hacking on the problem.

This what is puzzling me:

	I have a python class which inherits from ZCatalog I have lot of
instances of this class. Thus in the add form for ZSearch Interface
all these instances were being listed. So when I choose one of these
instances I get the mentioned attribute error. But when I choose a actual
ZCatalog instance the form woks perfectly fine. I can do with this.

	But now I have a problem if, I  inherit a class from ZCatalog doesnt
that mean that this class is catalog aware. I thought that since the class is
catalog aware it should work with the form. Any way to me it looks like some
bigtime confusion on my part. Guess it's time to read the Zope Book again ;-).

Thanks

Shashank Ashtikar