[Zope] Network Appliances NetCache vs. Squid

Marc Burgauer marc@sharedbase.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:57:08 +0100

My host has offered me to try accelerating a busy zope-based site using a
Network Appliances NetCache. He kept the device from a customer which went
bankrupt.

Neither of us has any experience with the device. If anybody can share some
insights in regard to Zope and how this compares in use something like Squid
as a reverse proxy, I'd be most thankful.

On that note, what are the issues of running squid on the same machine as
the Zope instance to be cached? Are substantial gains only achieved if Squid
sits on its own box?

Cheers

Marc