[Zope] Newbie: Call Overridden Mehod

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:44:21 -0500

> when I create a ZClass with more than one base class, is there a way I
> can call a method that has been overridden by an other class that has
> that same method?
>
> I made a ZClass with DTMLdocument and ObjectManager as base classes.
> These two classes have the manage_main method is there a way I can
> build views to both the manage_main methods?

This is really a Python question, although not an obvious one.

The syntax for calling an inheritance overridden method is as so::

Superclass.foo(self, arguments)

where Superclass is some parent class with a function 'foo' lower in
inheritance priority than some other class with a function 'foo'.

So one manage_main can be called as is, and the other (I think, but have
not tested) can be called by making a script as so::

return ObjectManager.manage_main(context, REQUEST)

though you may want to pay more attention to the arguments than I did.

          --jcc