[Zope] ZGDChart tips?

Scott Krajewski krajewsk@augsburg.edu
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:58:58 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to utilize ZGDChart to make some graphs of data from a
PostgreSQL database.  The website users go through 1 to 3 pages of
forms to specific what data they want a report on and then the
numbers are generated in the final action DTML method.  I really want
to have a graph on that page and so far have found ZGDChart as a
tool.  Unfortunately it looks to me like none of the data methods
work for my situation:

DTML-method : the method in the chart needs to receive variables to
get the data, I can't find a way to pump them in
Tiny Table: If I could insert data into a TinyTable with my final
method action it would work,  But that doesn't appear to be how
TinyTable works
ZSQL Query: need to pass variables into the query.  It's not a
vanilla lookup but a calculation too.
Python Script: Can't say I know enough about python to try, but it
looks like I'd run into the same variable problems.

Any suggestions?  Any other products out there for generating graphs in Zope?

thanks,
Scott