[Zope] Data.fs file growing

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:07:25 -0400

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:55:27PM -0400, Patel, Tejash wrote:
> Thanks for you all guys,
>
> I went from 1.8 gig to 66 mb for the data.fs
> It worked, the packing also created a data.fs.old file. I will keep it for a
> week incase the site has any problem, then I will delete if all is well.

that's a LOT of packing :)
it sounds like your upload script is needlessly updating a lot of stuff.
You might consider making the script smarter.

e.g. in zope, make a Script (Python) that returns
bobobase_modification_time of the context in some format that
your upload script can easily compare to the modification time of
the file, and only upload each file if it's newer.

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com