[Zope] Network Appliances NetCache vs. Squid

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:18:51 +0100

--On 30 April 2003 12:36 +0100 Marc Burgauer <marc@sharedbase.com> wrote:

> We're using Zope 2.3 on a Solaris 8 server (Compaq, 2 P2 450MHz CPUs, RAID
> Disk array, 1 Gig of RAM). The box and OS has been chosen by the customer
> and there's no room for play currently. (OS is company policy and no money
> for another box.)

You've said the "S" word. See:
<http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris>

But that looks like Solaris on Intel with a Compaq box. So not
sure what difference that makes.

> We have developed a few "light-weight - very easy to use" content
> management products for Zope and have run into a few problems when
> testing them against Zope 2.5/2.6, hence we still stick with 2.3 for
> production sites until all bugs are fixed.

Not sure that 2.3 vs 2.5/2.6  differences would be explained
by Solaris. Is 2.3 still Python 1.5.2? May be different
threading?

Way out of my depth,

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/