[Zope] Zope and RedHat 9

Wankyu Choi wankyu@neoqst.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 07:11:51 +0900

Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm running Python 2.2.

Both the latest RH RPM version and the one that I compiled myself work =
with
kernel 2.4.20-9. I haven't tried Python 2.1.=20

After I got sure it was working, I recompiled the vanilla kernel 2.4.20 =
with
aa1 patch due to serious bugs in 2.4.20 regarding low memory i/o stuff: =
when
your memory gets scarce, kswapd goes crazy and never gets back to =
normal,
etc.=20

Give it a try: recompile your kernel and see if it's kernel or python =
that
is causing the problem. In my case, it was the stock kernel RedHat =
dished
out. ( I'm pretty sure about this since I have my own python rpm which =
works
with other kernels except for the default RH9 kernel. )

cheers,
Wankyu Choi
  Wankyu Choi
  CEO/President