[Zope] Newbie VHM/Siteroot question

Vasu Muppalla vasu@ipass.net
Sun Aug 3 18:18:05 EDT 2003

I am using zope standalone and have the SSL modules installed.

Now I want to rewrite all management requests to the https ( runnin on port
8443). For this purpose, assume the URL has the string 'manage' in it.

I tried using siteaccess, the following script as access rule.

<dtml-let stack="_.string.find( URL, 'manage')">

   <dtml-if  expr="stack > 0">
         <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH', 'https://localhost:8443/')">
         <dtml-call "REQUEST['TraversalRequestNameStack'].append('manage')">
   <dtml-else>
         <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH', URL)">
   </dtml-if>

</dtml-let>

I get an error that resource is not found, blah blah. Resource is http: GET.

With a string 'localhost' instead of 'manage' and SiterootPath = '/', the
URL rewriting works. The error happens because of manage - dunno why.

Is it possible to do it using only VHM and no siteroot ?

TIA,
Vasu