[Zope] online collaboration tool

Ramon Linan rlinan@truality.com
Mon Aug 4 19:28:33 EDT 2003

Again, thanks, I spoke with my boss, I still have some hopes... New =
question, we need also workflow, eroom didn't have work flow at all, so =
if I can tell my boss that I can also give him work flow with this tool =
that would keep me safe :)

Do anybody knows how is the work flow handle by Plone, I have read =
something about CMFOpenflow, is it hard to implement?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Dylan Reinhardt [mailto:zope@dylanreinhardt.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 1:20 PM
To: Ramon Linan
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] online collaboration tool

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 08:00, Ramon Linan wrote:
> I have a REDHAT with zope and several windows 2000 servers, which one =
will you advice me to install it in?

It hardly matters for development purposes.  I'd choose whichever one
you feel most comfortable with or have root/admin privileges on.=20
Probably you can run it as localhost:8080 on your desktop machine.  The
only real advice I'd offer is this: Don't do your development or
learning on a machine currently being used as a production server.=20
That's a *very* poor way to build job security.  :-)

As long as all the machines in question are reasonably modern there's
little chance you're going to see a big performance difference until
your app gets used by more than a handful of people.  At that point,
it's pretty easy to move from Windows to Linux or vice versa.

HTH,

Dylan