[Zope] ReStructuredText: why the weird hyperlink syntax

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Wed Aug 6 18:52:15 EDT 2003

--On Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 12:16 Uhr -0400 Alex Coventry
<alex_c@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Why does ReStructuredText use such a weird hyperlink syntax?  It seems
> gratuitously complex.  I'm probably going to start using
> StructuredDocument for my site instead, but I'd be interested to hear
> justifications for ReStructuredText's existence, if anyone here knows of
> any, in case I'm making a big mistake.

Accepted as it is or don't use. There has been a long discussioni on the
specs
of reST on the docutils list. So there is no reason to complain here about
the syntax.

-aj