[Zope] CacheManager missing in 2.6.2b4 :-(

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Wed Aug 6 15:06:49 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jamie Heilman wrote:
>
> >any zope list archive (though marc appears to be up for me)
> >subject is "caching in zope; tips, tricks, & lessons learned"
> >a google search on the phrase will give you a good number of options
>
> Had a look, wow, that does suck :-(
>
> What's the best way we can fix the problems you describe?

That depends on the cache replacement policy you need.  If you're not
tied to LFU then you can just switch to using my MemoryCache product.
(With all the various caveats surrounding it, of course, python 2.2,
patching Zope, etc.)  I designed it so I could work around all those
issues.  Another alternative is to track down exactly why PageTemplate
hands cache managers those dictionaries, I'm not convinced the reasons
are rooted in sensibility, but I haven't researched it in depth.  As
far as RAM Cache Manager just generally being wasteful with memory,
well thats just a design choice, I don't expect it will change.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass."