[Zope] Using ZPT with options/radio/checkboxes

Chris Bruce chris at chrisbruce.com
Wed Aug 6 15:17:53 EDT 2003

Is there an easy way to use TAL/TALES  to set the checked values of radios and checkboxes and the selected attribute of options?

I am trying to find a clean example.

For Instance:

                    <select name="question_type" id="question_type">
                        <option value="Text" selected="selected">Text</option>
                        <option value="TextArea">TextArea</option>
                        <option value="ListSingle">ListSingle</option>
                        <option value="ListMulti">ListMulti</option>
                        <option value="ComboSingle">ComboSingle</option>
                        <option value="Option">Option</option>
                        <option value="Checkbox">Checkbox</option>
                      </select>

If the question_type was in the REQUEST object, how would I evaluate which one was selected?

Same goes for radio buttons:
                    <input type="radio" name="required" value="1" /> Yes
                    <input name="required" type="radio" value="0" checked="checked" /> No

and the 'required' was in the REQUEST object.

I am trying to do this using TAL/TALES only.

Thanks for any suggestions/code samples.

Chris

Chris Bruce
Bionic Pixels LLC
www.bionicpixels.com