[Zope] Duplicated keys in a BTreeFolder2

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Thu Aug 7 11:11:22 EDT 2003

  Hi,

I currently use a custom subclass of BTreeFolder2 to store my site's users
profiles (currently 3700).

I've noticed several problems :
 - several keys (= user ids) are duplicated in this folder ; in the ZMI, these
duplicated keys appear at the start of the list, unordered.
 - some keys are duplicated more than once ; if I try to delete one of them,
the other duplicated keys are kept and can't be deleted, because the object
doesn't exist !!!
 - if I try to cut a duplicated object and paste it into another folder, I
receive an error message, saying that I'm trying to paste an object from a
foreign database connection !!!

So here are my questions :
 - is it a bug in BTreeFolder2 ?? Can I avoid this ?
 - are duplicated keys pointing to the same object or no ?
 - is it possible to repair this, without losing currently stored objects ??

Thanks for any help...

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net