[Zope] Problem with PABlog

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Aug 6 15:56:59 EDT 2003

>An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
>KeyError
>Sorry, a site error occurred.

>KeyError: zpt_stylesheet.css (Also, an error occurred while attempting to
>render the standard error message.)

It couldn't find anything named 'zpt_stylesheet.css'. This should come
from CMFDefault's skins/zpt_generic/zpt_stylesheet.css.

However, newer versions of Plone seem to not have this: the CMFDefault
skins have been removed.

I don't know anything about PABlog (I'm assuming it's CMF-based, for
instance), so I can't guarantee I'm not shooting in the dark, but it
seems to me you have the following remedies:

1. create a custom skin with a file called zpt_stylesheet.css This is as
easy as making a File in portal_skins/custom with such a name. Various
display elements may break.
2. edit blogindex_html to remove the call to
'here/zpt_stylesheet.css/absolute_url' on line 27 (or thereabouts.) This
may or may not break things. This is done by finding it in the product's
skin folder and cutomizing and then editing the offending page.
3. appeal to the author to fix the product such that it doesn't depend
on CMFDefault. It probably need not depend on that stylesheet.
4. install it under a 'CMF Site' rather than a 'Plone Site'.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."