[Zope] Using pydoc or epydoc on Zope products

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Aug 7 15:06:33 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I have a Zope product (http://zope.org/Members/sgillies/zmapserver)
and am trying to put together documentation using pydoc or epydoc.

Problem is that each of these croak when they inspect my packages
which import:

import Globals
from Globals import Persistent

pydoc reports

   ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

and epydoc reports similarly.  I am certain that I have PYTHONPATH
set up correctly.  I've been using ZopeTestCase extensively in
development, so I think I have a good handle on the environment
needed to import Zope.

Can pydoc/epydoc be used for my purposes only within the context of a
live Zope?  Am I going to have to create a Zope instance as in a
ZopeTestCase and then run pydoc/epydoc against the code in Products?

I'd really like to hear of any kind of solution.

thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies