[Zope] Re: Zope file size limit on linux?

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:04:31 EDT 2003

> On Windows 2000 i've encountered a 2GB limit on the size of a ZODB
> file.
> Is there such a limit on Linux (vanilla Redhat 8, out of the box),
> and if so, what is that limit?
If I'm not wrong, that was a problem with the c library of the old kernels.
The
new kernels include large file support; however, you have also to compile
python
to support it. Search the archives or zope.org to see how this is done.
There is
a couple of how-tos.

I've tested files bigger than 2 Gb on RedHat 7.3 and the latest kernel and
it
works, so I guess it should work for 8.0 too.

Regards,
Josef