[Zope] Re: Truncation Reading from ODBC

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 8 13:09:05 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:02:19AM +0200, Stefan Drees wrote:
| On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 04:04:14AM +0200 - a wonderful day
| 					- Jerry Westrick wrote:
[...]
| > When I read a column with 20,000+ characters I only get the first
| > 8194 characters.
[...]
| What about PostgreSQL. Which Version?
| A short glimpse at the online postgresql manual - namely at
| http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.2/static/datatype-character.html
| yields:
| """Note: Prior to PostgreSQL 7.2, strings that were too
| long were silently truncated, no error was raised.
| """

What data type?  I suspect the above quote refers to inserting a
VARCHAR.  I know that the 'TEXT' type allows up to 2GB.

Also check the settings of both the zope adapter and the ODBC driver.
ISTR a buffer limit setting somewhere (but I haven't worked with any
of that recently).

HTH,
-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/