[Zope] Info

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 03:40:07 EDT 2003

Hi Milton,

Milton A. Colón wrote:
> I can not surf the internet because every page I try to reach give me
> the messege below.  I want to know what do you did to my browser and how
> I can fix it.  I do not have any Zope software or whatever it is.
> Please respond as soon as you receive this e-mail or I am going to take
> legal action.

The page you cite is the Zope default page.

After a Zope installation, it is typically at http://localhost:8080
(e.g. on a non-standard port, but on your local machine).

There may be a copy of Zope installed locally, or you may have some sort
of proxy configuration which is mistakenly serving this page in response
to requests for other addresses.

In the former case, you may wish to check if Zope is installed on your
machine. In the latter case, you may wish to check your proxy configuration.

In either case, a temperate request for help may well receive a better
response than threats.

BTW, I am not affiliated in any way with the Zope corporation, and I
doubt very much that the whoever is responsible for your predicament is
either.

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick