[Zope] Synchronizing Two (Disparate) Zope Installations

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Aug 12 02:26:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 05:27:08PM -0700, Roy Rapoport wrote:

> We'd love some sort of capability for comparing a directory (and all its
> contents and their contents etc) on one zope server with the same-named
> directory at a different path on a different Zope server -- in other words:
> http://server1/path1/to/RootDirectory
> vs.
> http://server2/path2/to/the/RootDirectory
>
> And ideally also easily synchronize them.  ZSyncer, which is no longer in
> very active development,

i can see how you'd get that impression, but in fact the current
CVS version has some (small) enhancements over the last release,
and I've got a bunch of stuff to check in as soon as it's tested a bit
more thoroughly - I'm hoping to put together a new release sometime
this month.  Notably, I now have a recursive comparison mode working,
so it can show differences below the current folder.

> requires the directory path to be the same.

hmm, that could probably change pretty easily. nobody's ever asked
about this before, AFAIK. I'll see if I can get to that.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com