[Zope] urllib permission setting when accessing a zope ob from python

Giuseppe Bonelli giuseppe.bonelli at tiscalinet.it
Tue Aug 12 15:50:58 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a problem with a permission setting when accessing a zope object
from python code, namely with urllib.

Here is my situation:
I have a method which call an xslt transform (using 4Suite, if that
matters) and everything goes well unless when the xslt import another
xsl via <xsl:import href="imported.xsl"/> (yes, the URI passed for
resolving imports is correct).

In this case, an extra authorization step is required from whiten the
python console (_not_ through Zope login widget), after which everything
works normally.

In the log I have the following entry:

127.0.0.1  - Anonymous [12/Aug/2003:13:58:25 +0200] "GET styleSheet.xsl
HTTP/1.0" 401 803 "" "Python-urllib/1.15"

Obviously I already authenticated myself when starting the Zope session.

Since the app should be deployed securely, I have disabled all anon role
access (and transferred the relevant permission settings to the
authenticated role).

I am probably missing something very simple, ... but I don't get it !!

Any ideas ?

TIA,

__peppo