[Zope] WebDAV Locking and Versioning

Charlie Jones charlie.jones at cadence-technologies.com
Wed Aug 13 17:08:12 EDT 2003

Thank you for replying to my email.  I'm sorry if my questions seemed
naive or lazy to you.  That was not the intent.  The obvious lack of
documentation on the subject prompted my question for more resources.
The "V" in WebDAV stands for versioning, so I guessed that that might
actually be supported.  Lastly, my question regarding clients was valid
from the standpoint that it is up to the client to implement the
features of the protocol.  Obviously some clients do and some clients
don't.

To clarify the use of WebDAV in this case, I am looking to use folders
within Plone to act as "webdrives" for users to store documents.
Development tools such as DreamWeaver and GoLive are not going to be
much help.  I know that OS X provides a client to connect to WebDAV
resources like a regular folder.  There are third party clients in
Windows that do the same.  I was simply hoping that others were already
doing this and might be able to offer up some suggestions.

charlie