[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Aug 14 11:56:21 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> >From Zope 2.6.x on, the traceback is no longer in the HTML source.
> You find it via "/error_log" in your "Root Folder".

Exception Type  ImportError
Exception Value No module named GenericUserFolder

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
    * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
    * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA, line 483, in manage_product_zclass_info
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 534, in setstate

ImportError: No module named GenericUserFolder

>  > > Catch exceptions other then "ConflictError", log them and continue.
>  > How to catch them in a plain ZSQL method???
>
> It comes from Python code. The traceback tells you where.
Well, I did a

     grep -R GenericUserFolder /usr/lib/zope/*

which showed no result.  I went once more throug my list of products and
removed all those products which can not be found in

     /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/

which were quiet a lot including some called Hotfix-<date>.  I have to admit
that it is quite hard to keep control of those products.  These remainders were
left behind by some Debian packages I installed once to test them and removed
the packages afterwards.  Now I've got those strange reminders.  Is there any
hint how to get rid of this more comfortably than just visually compare the
Products folder in ZMI with the directory above?  This would be a great help.

After this cleanup I packed Zope database to really get those remainders removed
(hopefully).  I have to admit that the situation did not change.  I always get
the error message mentioned above.

Further investigation showed that the string GenericUserFolder continues to stay
in the Zope database:

       > grep -c GenericUserFolder Data.fs
       6

Any idea who I could get rid of this???

In my opinion it is a Zope bug but I would like to ask people (especially on
Debian systems) to verify this.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

BTW: I also checked STUPID_LOGFILE for further hints but there was no trace at all
     except of the error message mentioned above.