[Zope] Displaying a pdf file.

David Hassalevris bluepaul at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 19:20:10 EDT 2003

Michael,

Could you be more specific?  What is it *exactly* you cannot do?
Your question raises alot of issues.

if you just want to know what do once you have access to the correct pdf then do something like (roughly in code)

*yourExternalPythonScript*
def someName(self,REQUEST,RESPONSE):
      parent = self.aq_parent
      res = parent.yourZsql(pdf_id = REQUEST[pdf_id])  # get the pdf from your DB
      record = res.dictionaries()
      for n in record:
          pdf = record['PDF']

      RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','application/pdf')
      RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Length',len( pdf ))
      RESPONSE.write( pdf)

*the calling dtml script that displays the pdf*
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('pdf_id',pdf_id)">
<dtml-call "yourExternalPythonSCript(PARENTS[0],REQUEST,RESPONSE)">

David