[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Fri Aug 15 09:29:15 EDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Andreas Tille wrote at 2003-8-14 10:56 +0200:
>  > ... problems with "Advanced" tab of Z SQL Methods ...
>  > ...
>  > Exception Type  ImportError
>  > Exception Value No module named GenericUserFolder
>  >
>  > Traceback (innermost last):
>  > ...
>  >     * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
>  >     * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA, line 483, in manage_product_zclass_info
>  >     * Module ZODB.Connection, line 534, in setstate
>  >
>  > ImportError: No module named GenericUserFolder
>
> "Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py" (this contains the Z SQL Method implementation)
> line 483 is the place where you should place a "try: ... except: ..."
> around.
  s/should/could/
I definitely will not do anything if I do not know exactly what I'm doing.
That's why I only *could* change something if I would have some internal
knowledge.

> Sure, you will *not* find a "GenericUserFolder" there.
> Zope tries to load an element from the ZODB (that is the "setstate" method
> in your traceback) which references "GenericUserFolder".
> You no longer have this product installed. Therefore, you get
> the ImportError.
In my opinion this means there is some bug regarding the referential integrity
and this should be fixed at first before fixing the symptoms above.  If there
is a reference to a not existing object something is broken.  Perhaps I misunderstood
something and I'm requesting something which can not be implemented.

Is there any way to find out *which* element tries to reference "GenericUserFolder"?

Kind regards

         Andreas.