[Zope] Sorting a custom-built list with dtml-in

Robert Jean robertjean2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 10:02:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have a DTML method that iterates over a list built
by a Python script with the <dtml-in> tag. I want to
be able to sort the list (with the attribute
sort=sortColumn in the dtml-in tag). I have a few
questions on this topic:

1) I assume that the dtml-in tag does not know how to
sort a list of dictionaries having the same keys. It
only knows how to sort Python class instances. Is it
correct?

2) If I have to store Python class instances in my
list, what feature must the class have? Does it have
to inherit from Acquisition.Implicit, and / or
Record.Record?

3) Do I miss something else on this topic?

Thanks for your help,
Robert