[Zope] any cleaner or cleverer way of inclusion ?

Can Burak Cilingir canburak at knuth.cs.bilgi.edu.tr
Mon Aug 18 10:04:51 EDT 2003

hi from a newbie to zope.
i read about zope for my problem but could not find any solution which
seems logical to me.

i have a folder hierarchy which has "index_html(dtml doc)",
"left(dtml mtd)", "main(dtml mtd)" etc in the root folder, and
"my_index(dtml method)" in all folders. (index_html has <dtml-var
left><dtml-var main>)

when i add "my_index" at the "main" (<dtml-var my_index>)and call say
"http://xxx/Something/Otherthing", i saw "my_index" which is at the root,
not the one inside "Something/Otherthing".

but if i write
<dtml-in expr="PARENTS[0].objectValues('DTML Method')" >
<dtml-return my_index>
</dtml-in>
i got the expected result, Something/Otherthing/my_index is shown instead
of the one at the root folder.

there should be a cleaner way !
any idea?

thanks ...