[Zope] Re: weird browser display problem with new site

Larry J. C. Prikockis larry_prikockis at natureserve.org
Mon Aug 18 10:26:50 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:25:45 -0400, Tim Lynch wrote:

<snip>
> I have seen a weird problem, however, using IE 6.028
> on W2K when trying to look at a news item.  On today's
> page, for example, the "live zope" announcement does
> not display. The replies are visible, but the announcement
> itself is invisible.  If I drag over the area where
> the announcement should be, my dragging highlights the
> text which I can then see. If I click the mouse to
> deselect, the text then remains visible.
>
> Some announcements display this behavior, all others
> work as expected. In addition to the "live zope" announcement,
> the "active images" item shows the same behavior.
>
> This isn't a big deal for me but I thought someone would
> want to hear about this. anyway ...
>
> Netscape/Mozilla works as expected.
>

> Again, a big thankyou and welldone to all involved
> bringing up the new system!  Looks great!!
>

> ---
> Tim Lynch
> tlynch at nal.usda.gov

I've seen this same behavior with recent versions of Plone (1.0.1+) and
believe it's been filed in the Plone bug Collector.  As far as I've been
able to tell, it *only* occurs with IE6+ (5.0, 5.5 work fine, as do other
browsers).  Unfortunately, I'm not a good enough CSS guru to pinpoint
what's going on.  Maybe with the extra attention this bug will get with
Zope.org now using Plone, someone'll figure out how to squash it.