[Zope] Need help w/Custom Memberdata - Birthdays and date format

Kevin Carlson khcarlso at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 15:00:53 EDT 2003

Jim Barbara wrote:

>The problem is that I cannot get the birthday date
>string data formatted with just Month, Day

Look into the strftime method.  It can format dates however you like to
see them.

>and
>
>I have no idea as to how to sort this data my month.

 As for sorting, you can call a list objects sort function and pass a
comparison function as an argument.  Define this sort function in the
same script as your getMember script, if you'd like.  Something like:

def memberCompare(a, b) :
  #you'll get two list items from roster as a and b.
  # compare and return -1, 0 or 1.

...rest of getMembers..then...

return roster.sort(memberCompare)

Hope that helps.