[Zope] External management of roles and permissions

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 19 14:33:53 EDT 2003

How do I programmatically set the Security settings programmatically?

Specifically, I have a collection of Zopes.  I need to verify that
each supports certain special security roles and, if they are not
present, create them.  Then I need to set the permissions for each
security option/role programattically--the moral equivalent of going
through and checking the boxes.  In a few instances I'll also need to
test/and or set a proxy programmatically.   A quick browse of the API
and code didn't point me in the right direction.  How does one do this?