[Zope] Son of ZSyncer

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 21 08:36:32 EDT 2003

Paul,

I've made come progress on a 'son of zsyncer' product and have a
pre-pre-alpha Product which I need to use as a tool ASAP.  I have
encountered some difficulties which I hope you can assist me in
resolving.

My new product re-uses some of ZSyncer, particularly the basic
authentication code and some of the transport code.  It seems to work fine
between sites which us basic authentication only but gets confused when
the sites use cookie authentication.  ZSyncer authenticates and
transfers over links that my "son of ZSyncer" product fails on.
The transport mechanism reports a 500 status to the sender; the receiver
reports a 401 error (I think) and does so as "Anonymous" rather than
the user under whose guise the transfer is being performed.

If you have the time and interest, I'd be happy to share the code
even in it's currently hacked-up state.