[Zope] anonymous user: Zope 2.6.1/Plone 1.1/Mac OSXS 10.2.6

baiewola at netscape.net baiewola at netscape.net
Fri Aug 22 16:42:26 EDT 2003

Hi everyone.

My zope site was 100% password-restricted (anonymous user assigned no privileges), but now I need to make one folder at the root level accessible by anonymous login.

In the security tab of that folder, I unchecked the acquire permissions boxes of everything and checked only the "view" items. But I can't log in with a blank username/password. I get this message from verbose security:

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: (item 0): Your user account does not have the required permission. Access to 0 of [(Application instance at 18a3760), (Folder instance at 18cfcd0)] denied. Your user account, Anonymous User, exists at /acl_users. Access requires one of the following roles: ['Manager', 'View']. Your roles in this context are ['Anonymous'].

I don't understand this error, since I'm logging in without a name or password. Shouldn't it automatically assume I'm an Anonymous User with the Anonymous role?