[Zope] zope2.7b1 does not start on winXP

Michael Long mlong at datalong.com
Sat Aug 23 14:33:10 EDT 2003

I have a similar problem. I found that after attempting to start zope
the first time that if you go to the task manager and look at the list
of processes running you will find both a pythonservice.exe and
python.exe (the names may not be exactly right, I am going by memory).
Kill these two services and start zope again. This works for me. It may
also be helpful to execute runzope.bat from within a dos window and look
for any error messages.

hth,
Mike

> I'm afraid I can't replicate this.  Something on your system is borked,
> I think.  I suspected that Python itself looked for its library in the
> registry on Windows, but this doesn't appear to be the case.  Is it
> feasible to uninstall Python 2.1 and try it again?
>
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:52, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > This sounds strange.  I will try to install Python 2.1 on my system
> > alongside of Zope and see if I can replicate it.
> >
> > On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:42, Elena Schulz wrote:
> > > Hi Andreas,

Python 2.2.3