[Zope] CookieCrumbler authentication for XMLRPC

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 24 00:14:48 EDT 2003

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-8-21 17:49 -0700:
 > Yikes, I just can't seem to make it work.  XMLRPC works fine with Basic
 > Authentication but the system the XMLRPC needs to work with uses the
 > CookieCrumbler Product--and, for the life of me, I cannot get it to
 > authenticate.

I am sure that CookieCrumber honours basic authentication
info when it is present. This is necessary for FTP and WebDAV
(as well as XMLRPC).

This means: when your XMLRPC request comes with correct basic
authentication, it should work. If there is no basic authentication
or user/password are not correct, "CookieCrumber" will return
a login dialog page which (of course) is not understood by XMLRPC.

Dieter