[Zope] About LDAPUserFolder, memberships and LocalRoles...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 24 00:49:21 EDT 2003

Gelin Patrick wrote at 2003-8-21 09:58 +0200:
 > I use LDAPUserFolder and when I want to assign LocalRoles I get into trouble because users are not display if they never login a first time. I think that when a user make a login it is registered as membership and he can be listed by LocalRoles. So the question is how can I register my LDAP users as membership automaticaly ?

At least, this is not easy.

LDAP may manage an huge number of users.
The local roles interface is only adequate for a few dozens of users
not for thousands or even hundreds of thousands.
For this rease, the LDAPUserFolder auther decided to
let "getUsers" not return all users but only the ones found
in the cache.

You may use Plone 1.1's approach to assign local roles.
It first lets you search a user and then assign local roles
for this user. You find the methods to manage local roles
in "AccessControl/Role.py".

Dieter