[Zope] ZSyncer - Two new features

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Aug 23 11:48:19 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:37:21PM +0100, J?lio Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working with zsyncer and two features were a must for me.
>
> 1? RETAIN OWNERSHIP: when a user performs a sync, the objects created on
> target/destination either get their ownership from the account used to do
> the sync or
> from the override (username,password) option on "Edit Server" tab.What I
> needed
> was for the sync to DO NOT take ownership on synced objects but rather
> retain
> existing ownerhip of the synced objects.
>
> For this I made changes to ZSyncer/dtml/Edit.dtml and ZSyncer/ZSyncer.py to
> be able to have
> this feature available.
(snip)

This is very appreciated, thanks!

> IMPORTANT: the option you choose, either take ownership or retain
> ownership, this
> option must be selected in the same way on source and target servers for
> this to work as
> expected. Dont ask.

ok, if you say so :-)

> 2? SELECT ALL: have to sync folders with LOT of objects. I needed a "select
> all" button.

ZSyncer has had this in CVS for some months now. It's labelled "Toggle"
and it sits right next to the "Sync" button.

> I used ZSyncer 0.4.6.

whoops... it would have been better if you used a cvs checkout from
sourceforge. There have been a lot of changes since 0.4.6.
We've been overdue for a new tarball release for many months.

> I dont know who maintains the ZSyncer code (Is it Andy on zope.org or
> zopezen and others
> on sourceforge?),

Andy == zopezen, and he hasn't done much with zsyncer lately -
by default I (slinkp) am now doing the most work on it.

I'm very interested in merging your first change with the cvs tree,
I will look at this sometime in the next week if you don't beat
me to it.

Thanks for working on zsyncer! It's a useful tool that could really
use more helping hands.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com