[Zope] Virtual Hosting and save forms

Matt Hapke mahapke at phm.k12.in.us
Mon Aug 25 17:42:52 EDT 2003

Well, any help on this one would surely be appreciated. I've gone about
as far as I think I can go without asking here...

I have a Zope server that is relayed through a portal set up like this:

The web server is at www.me.com
Anything destined for the zope server will have a address of
www.me.com/zope/*

OK, I actually have this part working 95% correctly.  I've tried doing
this with an Apache Front end and virtual Hosting, and I've tried using
the ol SiteRoot Folder. I've got both to work except, when I fill in a
typical form in manager, or plone, or whatever, it never saves the data.
  I'm bewildered.
Examples:
    I got into root properties under /manage, and change the title.  I
hit the Save button, and it comes back to the root zope page. I surf up
to the properties page again, and no changes. no error either.

    I go to plone, which has all the links looking perfect as far as I
can tell, open a document, make some changes, hit save, and bingo, it
doesn't save, just returns me to the page with no changes.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be.  The action URLs in each
of the forms are what I think they should be (mapped through the web relay).

I would appreciate any help I can get.