[Zope] standard_error_message weirdness

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 25 23:52:33 EDT 2003

Erik Myllymaki wrote at 2003-8-20 13:51 -0700:
 > trying to customize my standard_error_message - Zope 2.6.1 on win32 (win2k
 > server) IE 6 client.
 >
 > if I use the simplest possible dtml-method:
 >
 > MyError
 >
 > I get a zope internal site error:
 >
 > ...traceback
 > NotFound: MyError

This comes from "ZPublisher.HTTPResponse.HTTPResponse.exception"
near line 756 ("tag_search").
When it does not find a tag, it adds a traceback.

This is a bug. Please file a bug report to
<http://collector.zope.org/Zope>.

 > so I change the standard_error_message to:
 >
 > <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Simplest HTML Error Page</TITLE></HEAD>
 > <BODY>
 > MyError.
 > </BODY>
 > </HTML>
 >
 > But the wierd thing is it gets displyed once or twice, and then the IE
 > internal error page takes over (404, 500 mostly)...

Did you configured IE to use "smart error messages"?
Disable this feature.

Dieter