[Zope] Virtual Hosting and save forms

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 26 23:20:54 EDT 2003

Matt Hapke wrote at 2003-8-25 16:42 -0400:
 > I have a Zope server that is relayed through a portal set up like this:
 >
 > The web server is at www.me.com
 > Anything destined for the zope server will have a address of
 > www.me.com/zope/*
 >
 > OK, I actually have this part working 95% correctly.  I've tried doing
 > this with an Apache Front end and virtual Hosting, and I've tried using
 > the ol SiteRoot Folder.

Use a VHM (Virtual Host Monster). It is much easier (truely).

 > I've got both to work except, when I fill in a
 > typical form in manager, or plone, or whatever, it never saves the data.
 >   I'm bewildered.
 > Examples:
 >     I got into root properties under /manage, and change the title.  I
 > hit the Save button, and it comes back to the root zope page. I surf up
 > to the properties page again, and no changes. no error either.

Look at the HTML source of your form.
Check the "action" in the form and, if it not absolute, see
whether there is a "base" tag in the HTML head.

Almost surely, the effective URL (as determined by the form action
and (maybe) the base tag) is wrong and your modifications are
done somewhere else.

Dieter