[Zope] Zope 2.7 on RH9

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Wed Aug 27 08:45:02 EDT 2003

> That may be true for your configurations, but with the configuration I
> am
> running (dual Athlons) I have had nothing but trouble.  With the very
> latest updates, Zope 2.6.2b3 now seems stable running under Python
> 2.2. I
> am still fighting problems with the Pound front-end which is stable
> under
> RH7.3 but non-functional under RH9. Incidentally, my installation was
> clean followed by multiple upgrades via RHN to apply all the latest
> updates.

I personally never had much luck with dual Athlon systems, so much so
that I will refuse to buy them for any professional work. The same
holds mostly true for self-built servers in general. I have extensive
experience running very large Zope/ZEO deployments and would never buy
anything but Intel-based servers from brand-name manufacturers anymore.

jens