[Zope] maintaining consistent security settings across cloned sites

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 27 22:26:30 EDT 2003

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-8-26 10:59 -0700:
 > Me too!  We've seen problems with the security settings after syncs.  I
 > suspect that the security settings transfer but the proxy settings
 > don't--but that's a guess based on anecdotal evidence.

It definitely is wrong.

  Import/Export uses the same serializing mechanism as the ZODB
  itself (pickling).

  In all these cases, all attributes with the exception
  of those prefixed with "_p_" or "_v_" are pickled.
  Security settings (on instances) are implemented as
  instance attributes starting with "_" but not "_p_" or
  "_v_".

The problem you (probably) observed must have had a different cause.

Dieter