[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Aug 28 09:02:10 EDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Fine. It may mean however, that you have to live with your problem...
While I can cope perfectly with something which is no real problem
for me I have to admit that this answer diverges slightly what I observed
in the past at this list in special and other Free Software related
lists in common.

I just try to gather information for a reasonable bug report which gives
developers as much as possible relevant information.

> One of your ZODB objects references "GenericUserFolder" and
> you have it not longer installed ...
I think I have understand this and in my opinion it is a bug of Zope of
the previous existance and later removal of any random product (while I
do not realy know if "any random" is correct) leads to a situation that
not obviousely related parts of Zope break functionality.

Please note: *I* can cope with *this* situation but I feel obliged to other
users and developers to not to hide the knowledge.

> You can use a debugger (--> see mailing list archives and HowTos)
> to analyse the object causing the exception. You should be able to find its
> class (I expect a ZClass) and its "_p_oid".
Do you have any more explicite hint regarding debugging techniques?
I just found to start Zope with -D option but I did not recognized any
more explicite logs or error messages.

Kind regards

         Andreas.