[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Aug 28 14:34:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Chris Withers wrote:

> > I think I have understand this and in my opinion it is a bug of Zope of
> > the previous existance and later removal of any random product (while I
> > do not realy know if "any random" is correct) leads to a situation that
> > not obviousely related parts of Zope break functionality.
>
> So if you remove one wheel of a car you would expect the steering to continue to
> behave exactly as it did before? ;-)
Well, if you would have followed the thread I think the better comparison
would be: If I put a suitcase into a car and remove the suitcase after I
reached the place I wanted it to be transported I would expect the car to
be working as before. :-P

> > Do you have any more explicite hint regarding debugging techniques?
>
> Don't use ZClasses ;-)
Hmmm, I never did I just installed the GenericUserFolder package ages ago
installed it after some tests.  Now some functionality of Zope is broken
if as the suitcase removal would have taken one wheel ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.